Yoga Place Therapy Rooms
Follow us in Abertawe!
At Yoga Place Abertawe, we have 3 therapy rooms, where you can find a therapy to suit you, whether it be for relaxation, to help with injury or to work on specific needs.
Please find a full list on the treatments and our therapists that are offered through the Yoga Place Therapy Room.
Bookings are made directly with the therapist, so please contact them on the number or email provided!
Yoga Place Therapy and Treatment Rooms
We have 3 therapy rooms that are open all day, 7 days of the week. If you are a therapist looking for a room to rent please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LJ Counselling & Wellbeing – Children & Young People
Lorna, who is an ethical, compassionate and trustworthy counsellor is also offering a safe therapeutic environment for children & young people to explore their concerns and experiences.
Please make your booking direct with Lorna: 07791683175 or email email@example.com
More than ever our children and young people are subject to many stresses. Pressure to conform to media stereotypes, pressure to do well at school, family separation, peer pressure and bullying to name a few of the issues presented to our kids.
These stresses are difficult enough for an adult to cope with but our children have little experience to draw upon, may feel they have no one they can talk to or believe they are the only ones to feel this way resulting in conditions such as anxiety, depression, anger and behavioural problems. In extreme cases self-harm or even suicide ideation can seem the only way out to a young person.
Wales is the only part of the UK where counselling services are legally required in schools however this service is often oversubscribed and poorly funded leaving an otherwise excellent provision limited to a few sessions per child. CAMHS (Children & Adolescent Mental Health Services) have long waiting times which can be as long as 12 months.
Counselling offers the young person a confidential* safe space to explore their concerns, allowing them to talk free from judgement or pressure to be. Using the Proactive Approach developed by Geldard & Geldard I use a combination of Child Centered and Cognitive Behaviour therapies to arm your child with a toolkit of coping strategies to increase their resilience and self-esteem. In a relaxed environment I incorporate activities such as Theraplay, creative strategies, sand tray and psychoeducational tools into the session.
- Sessions £40 for 50 minutes
- 6 sessions booked together £35 each (50% deposit required)
Holding a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Children & Young People as well as three years working as a young person’s counsellor/ school based counsellor I hold a full DBS, I offer specialised work with your young person. As a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) I am subject to monthly supervision and continual professional development. As a wellbeing coach I have worked in a fitness capacity with children as a running coach and teaching exercise classes.
*Confidentiality is subject to child protection legislation.
- PG Diploma Counselling Children & Young people – University of South Wales
- CPCAB Level 4 Therapeutic Counselling – Neath Port Talbot College
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills – Neath Port Talbot College
- 3DTA – Transactional Analysis 101
- BA (Hons) Tourism & Management – South Bank University, London
- YMCA Level 2 Fitness Instructor – London Central YMCA
- Certificate of Exercise for Special Populations – Premier Global
- A.P.N.T. Massage & Pregnancy Diploma
- S.A.C. Holistic Health Therapy
- Regent Academy Successful Nutrition
I am keen to develop and widen my knowledge and experience and therefore regularly attend training courses and workshops:
- Working with Gender Identity
- Working with Substance Misuse & Addictive Behaviours from a Relational Perspective
- Churches Council For South Wales
- MacMillan Cancer Coping with Cancer
- Place2be Working with metaphor
- Attachment Theory & Self Awareness in the Counsellor
- Making Endings with Children
- Working with Difference & Diversity
- Helping Children Tell Their Stories
- Children’s Emotional Wellbeing
The Exchange Young Persons Counselling Service
- Eating Disorders
- Prejudice, discrimination & stereotyping
- How Young People Develop Identities