Yoga Place Baby
Yoga for bumps, birth and baby
Welcome to a totally unique yoga studio in East London, where we are dedicated to all things bumps and babies! Here we will take you through your pregnancy to your child becoming a toddler with yoga from your 2nd trimester to postnatal recovery, including Birth Preparation, Hypnobirthing, Baby Massage, as well as a wonderful selection of therapies and a lot of fun on the way!
Did you know… women who have practiced yoga during labour tend to:
- Instinctively take care of their backs
- Be more mobile during contractions
- Are able to stand for longer periods helping the dilation of the cervix
- Have more strength and stamina to manage labour
Also, the natural tendency during labour is to find a dark place to retreat to, which is not always possible in a hospital environment however, yoga helps you to take yourself into a safe place internally, focusing on breath and using visualisation. This is why we recommend that you come to Pregnancy classes, so you are equipped with the natural tools you have to birth your baby!
You are welcome to join any of the Pregnancy Classes from 12 weeks, before then REST, BREATHE, PUT YOUR FEET UP as you are creating a life and growing an extra organ (the placenta) during this time so you want to take it easy! You can then look forward to starting your practice once you are in your second trimester.
New mums are welcome to join Mum & Baby Yoga and the Baby Massage classes as and when, we will never turn you away, not even if you rock up in your pjs! We will look after you and make sure you get a bit of TLC too!
£10 Pregnancy & Postnatal Classes
That is just £10 for Tuesday 5.15pm, Weds 6.30pm, Sat 9am Pregnancy & the 10.30am Postnatal and Tuesday and Thursday 10am Pregnancy Classes!
Mum & Baby is just £8.50 for your class and tea & cake to follow!
Come and enjoy a beautiful practice which carries you through your pregnancy from 12 weeks to term and beyond, helping to ease any niggles, prepare you for labour with strength, stamina, breath and relaxation and helps to heal and restore postnatally! A great place to meet other mums, have fun with your bumps and babies, share your journey and indulge in some you time all finished off with a deep relaxation and biscuits!
Dad & Baby Massage Mini Course
A very special course just for Dads…
With Mary Beattie our Baby Massage Therapist
Dates: 3 week course run on the following Sundays in November, 16th 3pm to 4.30pm, 23rd 11am to 12.30pm and 30th 3pm to 4.30pm.
Price: £40 for the complete 3 week course
As recommended on DAD BLOG UK ”Baby Elizabeth often laughs when she is massaged and there’s no doubt she enjoys herself. A very positive impact ….. In addition to helping with teething, it can help with colic, reduce stress, aid digestion, help the immune system and help sleep”
A mini version of the highly acclaimed infant massage course.
Learn how to massage your baby in a welcoming and supportive class. Classes are with Mary, an Instructor Certified with The World Leading International Association of Infant Massage.
The benefits of baby massage: Parents who come on my courses learn so much more than just a massage routine. The comprehensive IAIM baby massage curriculum covers touch, movement, relaxation, interaction and communication.
Why not come along to one of our courses and join the many thousands of parents who have already discovered the numerous benefits of baby massage, which can include:
For your baby
- Enhanced Bonding with you
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached – important for their long term emotional health
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Stimulation of baby’s circulation, digestion, nervous and lymphatic systems
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Helping with language development, memory and concentration
- Increased recognition of facial & emotional expressions which supports development of social skills
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behavior, crying and body language
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity for you to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Reducing post-natal depression
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
For newborns up to one year old.
Dad Adam says: “Just done the chest tummy and leg massage to our little Henry! All went very well!! Happy little baby! Daddy and baby massage class rules!”