Beginners Ashtanga Yoga Course
Time: Mondays 6.30pm - 7.45pm
Cost: £72 for the complete course (£66 concessions)
2017 Course Dates:
- Mondays 27th February to 3rd April
- Mondays 26th June to 31st August
- Mondays 25th September to 30th October
This is a 6 week course in Ashtanga Yoga as taught by Sri K Pattabhi Jois of Mysore, India. It is designed for complete beginners, as well as those with some experience, who wish to properly ground themselves in the basics of this practice.
We’ll cover key elements of Ashtanga, including:
- Physical postures from the first part of Primary Series (asana)
- Breath to enhance the postures, and access areas of restriction (pranayama)
- Core muscle and energetic engagement to increase power (bandhas)
- The flowing sequence between postures (vinyasa)
- Beginning a self practice
This course will allow you to benefit more fully from evening and lunchtime Led Classes, and will give you an idea of what to expect in the morning Mysore Self Practice, offered by Cat here at Yoga Place. If you enjoy the format, you could consider the Level 2 Ashtanga course to further deepen your understanding.
PLEASE NOTE: No previous yoga experience is required, as this course is designed for complete beginners or those who wish to start Ashtanga classes. Be aware that Ashtanga is one of the more athletic forms of yoga, so having a reasonable level of fitness before you start can be helpful. That said, ALL are welcome, regardless of physical ability, as long as you are willing to be mindful of any current limitations. If you have any injuries, or health issues, you must inform the teacher before the class starts.
Refunds for courses/workshops can only be given with 24 hours prior notice, either by voice mail, email or at reception. Replacement classes cannot be offered in exchange for missed sessions.