Baby Massage Course
Learn how to massage your baby in a welcoming and supportive class. Classes are with Mary, an Instructor Certified with The World Leading International Association of Infant Massage.
The benefits of baby massage: Parents who come on my courses learn so much more than just a massage routine. The comprehensive IAIM baby massage curriculum covers touch, movement, relaxation, interaction and communication.
Why not come along to one of our courses and join the many thousands of parents who have already discovered the numerous benefits of baby massage, which can include:
For your baby
- Enhanced Bonding with you
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached – important for their long term emotional health
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Stimulation of baby’s circulation, digestion, nervous and lymphatic systems
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Helping with language development, memory and concentration
- Increased recognition of facial & emotional expressions which supports development of social skills
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behavior, crying and body language
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity for you to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Reducing post-natal depression
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
Studies from around the world have shown that massage can reduce abuse, aggression and violence. It has also shown that infant massage reduces post-natal depression and can improve parent/baby relationships.
The class will be on Mondays for five weeks so that the babies gradually learn more massage at their pace. Don’t worry if your baby cries, sleeps, poops and wees: Your baby is allowed to be a baby in my classes – everything is welcome!
Baby massage is best for newborn babies up to crawling, but all babies up to one year old are welcome.
If you are unable to join the course at the start date you can join for a discounted rate on week 2.